Do-It-Yourself Glitter Toes Instructions
Step 1 – Natural Nail Preparation
- Shape and smooth your toenail edge with a nail file.
- Push back cuticles using the orangewood stick provided in the Glitter ToesTM kit. You can also use a curette (cuticle pusher and remover tool).
- Remove stubborn cuticle and debris by pulling back the lateral skin folds (sidewalls) of the nails with your fingers.Using the orangewood stick or curette, gently remove any remaining cuticle. If needed, use a cuticle remover treatment. Using the orangewood stick or curette, gently remove any remaining cuticle. If needed, use a cuticle remover treatment.
- Wash and clean off any debris from the nail bed and towel dry.
Step 2 – Glitties Bonding Application
- Place your foot on a piece of heavy paper or card stock. This will catch any excess glitter for re-use.
- Apply Bonding Formula to the entire nail bed of one toe. Be sure to include the front edge of the toenail to ensure long wear. With the orangewood stick, clean off excess Bonding Formula from skin areas.
- While the Bonding Formula is wet, generously sprinkle glitter to cover the entire nail bed. With your finger, push the glitter gently into the bonding coat. Repeat the process until all 5 toes are complete. Tap the top of your foot to shake excess glitter onto the paper. Using the manicure brush provided in the kit, carefully remove excess glitter from around the toenail.
- If the glitter doesn’t stick to a small area, or you desire your glitter color to be darker, repeat steps 2 and 3 to the entire nail .
- Complete the steps above on the other foot and let toenails dry for 3-5 minutes.
- Apply a second layer of Bonding Formula over the top of the glitter. Again, include the front edge of the toenail to ensure long wear. Let toenails dry for another 3-5 minutes.
- To save excess glitter, fold the paper in half and let the extra glitter slide into its jar.
Step 3 – Glitties Sealing Formula Application
- Apply the Sealing Formula to all 10 toenails. Be sure to cover the front edge of the toenail to ensure long wear. Let dry for 3-5 minutes.
- Apply a second layer of Sealing Formula and let dry for 3-5 minutes.
- When nails are completely dry, brush or wash off any excess glitter.
- After finishing your Glitter ToesTM, they will be dry to the touch in 5 minutes, but will take about 1 hour to harden.
- To speed up the drying process, use a blow dryer on low speed, low heat, and 8-12 inches away.
- After the Sealing Formula has hardened, (1 hour), apply another layer to any remaining dull or rough areas.
- See back page for Glitter ToesTM removal.
Glitter ToesTM Removal
- For easiest removal, saturate cotton balls with fingernail polish remover or acetone and place cotton on each toenail. Wrap each toe with a piece of tin foil to secure the cotton balls. If using fingernail polish remover, leave on for ten minutes. If you use acetone, 5 minutes is usually sufficient.
- Remove foil and cotton. Gently slide glitter off with an orangewood stick. Be careful not to scrape away the surface layer of the natural nail bed. If the glitter does not slide off easily, re-wrap the nail and allow fingernail polish remover or acetone to penetrate for a few more minutes.
- With a newly saturated cotton ball, wipe away any final product residue.
- You are now ready for a new application of Glitter ToesTM.
Choose From Our Selection of Do-It-Yourself Glitter Toes Kits