Different Ways To Mix Glitties Glitter
How To Mix Glitter With Gel
For a more customized look to your gel nails, mixing the glitter and gel together before applying to nail works best. Here’s how you do it:
- Scoop out a small amount of clear gel onto your spatula.
- Wipe the gel onto a tile or in a UV protected cosmetic jar.
- Sprinkle or scoop out your choice of Glitties glitter. Always start out with a small amount of glitter. You can always mix in more glitter if you do not like the consistency.
- With your spatula, mix the glitter and gel together on your tile or in your cosmetic jar.
- Apply to the nail directly from your tile, or keep it saved in a UV protected jar.
Sprinkling glitter directly onto the gel nail is a faster and easier way, but will not be as precise.
- First apply gel to the nail.
- Carefully sprinkle Glitties glitter on the desired area of the wet/uncured gel nail.
- Lightly tap the finger or toe you are working on to remove excess glitter.
- Use a small implement to remove any glitter that you don’t want.
How To Mix Glitter With Acrylic Powder
There are two different ways to mix and apply glitter with your acrylic powder:
- The most common way is to mix our glitter is in an empty cosmetic jar, 3 parts acrylic powder to 1 part Glitties glitter powder. Shake very well. For more glitter coverage, you can mix 2 parts acrylic to 1 part glitter powder, but just remember that the more glitter powder added will weaken the acrylic’s strength. Be sure to cap the glitter/acrylic layer with clear acrylic layer before filing.
- Another way to mix Glitties glitter with your acrylic powder is to make a acrylic ball on the end of your brush like normally, but before you apply it to the nail, dip it into the glitter so that the glitter coats one side of the ball. Then when you place it on the nail, be sure to place it glitter side up. The side that is touching the nail does not have the glitter. Then press it out like a normal acrylic ball.
How To Mix And Create Glitter Nail Polish
It’s Easy! Pour through a funnel 3/4 tsp of one of our solvent resistant custom mixed glitters inside Glitties Franken Formula. Add two Franken Balls to mix, and shake, shake, shake. Viola! You have your very own custom mixed franken/indie polish.